Monday, June 27, 2011

We are Ambassadors.

   I'm writing this with a heavy heart.  My heart isn't heavy because of something that has happened to me or a friend.  It isn't heavy because of an outward circumstance really, its just reality.  My heart is heavy becuase I'm feeling the burden of lost, broken souls.

    This summer, I've been surrounded almost always by people who don't share my faith and belief in Jesus Christ.  Other than my mom and brother and church on Sunday, all of my time is spent with people who haven't seen the glorious light of Jesus Christ.  They haven't experienced His healing, they haven't felt His power or His joy.  They have no hope or eternal security.  They have experienced the pleasure of this world, but not the pleasure of a relationship with the Creator of this world.  It really has me thinking, searching, yearning for more of Him.

  Today when I got off of work, I just had kind of a bad attitude.  I was really missing Liberty and my friends from there, missing being around other believers, missing feeling God's presence in a group setting, missing worship.  I was focusing inward, being selfish.  I was thinking about everything that I missed and longed for rather than the mission field God has placed me in.

   As I started to fall asleep tonight, a rush of sorrow filled my heart.  I started crying.  Reality struck.  Most of the people I interact with on a daily basis are on their way to Hell.  If I really believe in the Bible, which I do, the only way one can come into the Kingdom of God is through Jesus Christ and Him alone.

   I wholeheartedly believe that the "real world" is one of the hardest mission fields.  Working in a secular workplace, having unsaved extended family, interacting with unsaved neighbors, it it a mission field.  This mission field isn't usually advertised at churches, it isn't usually one that recieves special attention, or a title.  We are the day in day out ambassadors of Jesus Christ in places where His beautiful Name is used more frequently as a curse than the Name above all Names. All who are believers in Jesus Christ are called to be bold witnesses and not only represent our King by our actions, but by our words and spirit.  We are called to be a light in dark places, to shamelessly defend our King and proclaim His truth to those who may have never heard.

   What do we have?  What makes us different?  What makes us more than a smiling face or kind word.  What makes us different than them?  Is there something that we have that they don't?  Are we more than morals and rules? How can they tell if we are different?  How can they see the light of Jesus Christ rather than just another happy face?

  I'm asking myself these questions.  Can my coworkers, friends, family and neighbors see anything different in me?  Do they see more than a bubbly personality and friendly smile?  Do they see the power of a supernatural force evidenced in the way I live?  ...I don't know...I sure hope so.

Matthew 5:43-48 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

  I want this.  I want to be light in dark places.  I want to be perfect and love like my Father, to love my enemy and pray for those who tease, gossip about and mistreat me because of my faith.I want to be a Holy Spirit filled, walking powerhouse.  I want my actions, words, and entire being to be consumed with a passion to share my Savior, my King with a dying world.  I want to live every day with the knowledge that it could be my last.  How did I spend today, did I make an eternal impact through complete surrender to my Savior and His Holy Spirit?

   I don't want a lukewarm faith. I want a passionate, on fire, blazing,world changing faith.  Whether I'm overseas, or here in DuBois, I want to be faithful to represent my King.  I feel called to full-time ministry in the future, but I want to be faithful now, even as a grocery store missionary.  I want to surrender my pride and worrying about what others think of me to be a bold witness for my King, laying every hinderance aside.

Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

  I'm writing this to challenge and encourage my fellow believers to be bold ambassadors for our King.  Represent Him shamelessly.  Be in His Word, seeking His face, His power, His Holy Spirit every morning.  We can do nothing, and I mean nothing, in our own power.  Our true rest, power, and strength comes from His presence alone. We can not be ambassadors for a King we don't really know or spend time with.  Being an ambassador for Jesus Christ is way more than posting a Bible verse on facebook, its allowing Him to use our bodies, mouths, actions, everything and everywhere we go to represent Him.

  I'm also writing this to ask for prayer.  I've been growing kind of discouraged and really lacking
close Christian friends at home. I'm in need of a support system of believing, like-minded friends
here.  I have so many close Christ seeking friends at school, but when I come home, sometimes I sort of feel alone.  My heart longs for a few friends here to really "run the race" with.

  Thank you to everyone who reads my blog, it really means so much.  Also, feel free to offer any feedback :)

No comments:

Post a Comment