Saturday, June 4, 2011

Its okay to fall...

    Do you remember the trust game?  You know, the one where one person would fall backwards and trust the other to catch them.  It used to be a popular game when I was younger.  I was never a big fan of the game, but I didn't mind too much because the worst that could happen was a bump on the head if the other person failed.

    Now actually "falling" in real life is a different story.  Trusting people has never come easily to me, and trusting God is somthing I struggle with as well.  Something that God is teaching me is that He is completely in controll, completely trustworthy and His plan is absolutely perfect.  He knows exactly what He is doing, He is my providor, He has a perfect plan for my life.

   This summer didn't exactly get off to an easy start.  There were different trials that came my way and more than once I wondered "Why God?!  Why am I here, why is this happening, what are you doing?" Its so easy for me to forget.  To forget that He is almighty, all knowing, and most importantly all loving.  He wants the best for me.  His plan far exceeds any plan crafted by humans.

Isaiah 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

1 Corinthians 1:25 "For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength."


     He loves us so much.  His love is greater than anything we could imagine, He knows every hair on our heads.  He loved us so much that He sent His only Son to take our punishment so that we could be with Him.  He came to die for sinful, disgusting, undeserving me. That is amazing.  He sent His only, perfect son, the Son of God, to take the lowest place on earth becoming a servant and dying a cruel death on a cross, all for love.

Mark 10:45 "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” 
     God has proven Himself to me in so many ways this summer.  He has proven His love for me and He has proven that I really can trust Him completely.  I was planning on working as soon as I got home for college, but that didn't work out.  No jobs opened up and I was wondering why I was here and why nothing would show up, I mean doesn't He know that I need money to go back to school?  As time went on I was able to participate ministry opportunities that I never would have been able to participate in if I was working.  I've been able to visit family, help deal with a crisis and help fix up my mom's house. Now He has provided me with a much needed job, in His perfect timing.  He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. He knew what He was doing and He is my providor, not me.

Philippians 4:19  And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

Falling is scary.  But I'm learning that when I fall into the arms of Jesus, He will always catch me.  I can trust Him.  I can trust His plans for me, even when they include a huge change in my major :P





No comments:

Post a Comment