Friday, May 27, 2011

Convicted, inspired.

     So, lately my favorite teacher has been Leslie Ludy.  I have found her passion for being totally dedicated to Jesus Christ truly inspiring.  I want to exemplify the same passion for total surrender and passion for Jesus Christ that she has.  Through her teaching, I am learning so much daily.

     Do you ever get one of those surges of emotion that is just like a crazy rollercoaster running around your heart?  I'm having one of those today,  I've just learned so much and I want so badly to live it out.  Through the power of Jesus Christ living in me, I plan to.

     One lesson that has really hit home is the fact that I am not my own.  "My life" is not mine at all.  It belongs to Jesus Christ.  This may sound like a simple, elementary truth in Christianity, but I'm learning that it means a whole lot more than my life has exemplified.  I've been so convicted of my selfishness in the way I live my life.  One selfish habbit that I have really been convicted of is the way I spend my time.  My life is not my own, therefore, my time is not my own. 

What is the secret to great living? Entire separation to Christ and devotion to Him. Thus speaks every man and woman whose life has made more than a passing flicker in the spiritual realm. It is the life that has no time for trifling that counts.”
~Amy Carmichael 

     I don't want my life to be a passing flicker.  I want my life to be something powerful, impactful, beautiful, inspirational.  I have no power do this.  The only way that can happen is through "entire separation to Christ and devotion to Him."  This means separation and devotion to Him in every area of my life, physically, spiritually, emotionally.  This means dying to my selfishness and humanity daily.  It means waking up and dying to myself to be truly ALIVE in Christ.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

     I want to wake up every morning and say "Goodmorning, Lord!  What is you're plan for the day?"  So many times I get preocccupied with my life and what I have to do or I get so distracted that I forget, my life really is all about Him.  In highschool, our basketball team's motto was "All for Him."  But I wonder, how often do we as Followers of Jesus Christ really do that?  Every day, every minute, every second, all for Him.  Every decision, every relationship, every word, all for Him.  Every thought, every action, every desire, all for Him.  I long for this.  I know that I am SO far from it, but I believe that our God can do the impossible.

Matthew 19:26b “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

     Personally, I am a huge fan of hymns.  I think that the they are powerful, inspired and infused with Biblical truth and doctrine.  This one has been my jam today and my prayer as well.

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment