Saturday, May 7, 2011

Beautifully Broken

     So, its finally happening.  I'm starting a blog.  I've always wanted to start one, but never really got around to it, so here it goes.

     I figured a good way to start out blogging would be explaining the name of my blog.  When I decided that I was going to start blogging, I asked my roomates what I should call it and Rachel told me that it's mine, make it about me.  I took her advice.  Anybody who knows my testimony knows that I'm a broken person. I don't deserve to be where I am, I shouldn't be where I am.  Its only through God's grace that He has made something beautiful out of my life.  He has given me beauty for ashes.  Because I've been broken, I have experienced an amazing Healer and Restorer.  Because I am weak,  I can be used by Him. 

  In my past I have felt so inadequate, so unworthy, so out of place. Sometimes I've used that as an excuse for not trying things and I thought that because of my brokenness and weaknesses I could not be used by God. You might be thinking that God has taught me that I am strong, that I can do it. That is actually really the opposite of what He has been teaching me. He has been showing me that in myself I AM weak, I CAN'T do anything on my own, I AM lowly, I AM unworthy. This has been such an awesome lesson in learning about the character of God.

 1 Corinthians 1:26-29 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

     When I read this I get a smile on my face. The purpose of the human race is not to glorify ourselves, but to bring glory to God. If I was perfect, if I was worthy, if I was strong in my own power, how would that bring glory to Him?? It is because of my weakness, my shortcomings, my brokenness that God can be brought glory through my life. The thought that we can boast in our weakness is so cool. Because I am weak, I can be a vessel through which God can be brought glory. I am convinced that there is no greater purpose in life than accepting our weakness and living a life where the only thing we can boast in is Jesus Christ and the evidence of the power of His love in our lives.

     Acts 4:13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.

  How cool is that? I want that to be my life. I want people to look at me and not see Sarah. I want them to see the fact that I am an ordinary, broken, messed up girl who has been transformed by the power of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment