Sunday, May 8, 2011

Change.

     I'm sitting here in my nearly empty room, reminiscing on the past year.   I'm nearly tearing up, and for those of you who know me well, you know that I don't cry.  I really can't believe it, my freshman year of college is a few days shy of being over.  People weren't lying when they told me that college is the best time of your life or that it flies by.  It seems like yesterday I was arriving at Liberty, just getting to know my roomates, and getting lost on my way to classes.  Now I've been blessed incredibly in so many ways by this school and have been blessed with two sisters in my roomates.  As I think about this year, there are so many great things that have happened.  I've made some of the most amazing lifelong friends, done some of the craziest things, and been challenged in every possible way. 

   God has taught me so many things this year.  He has revealed Himself to me in ways I never knew He could.  He has held my hand and wiped my tears through some of the hardest times and he has given me a joy and love that can only be explained through the power of His Holy Spirit.  When I think about all He has done, there is nothing I can do but fall on my face and give Him the praise only He is worthy of.  The more I know Him, the more I fall in love with Him.  I can't wait to see what He is going to do in the days to come.

   That being said its another time of change.  Through this year God has changed me in so many ways.  When I think about the beginning of the semester and where I was compared to where He has brought me now, I'm amazed at His patience, love and mercy that He's shown me.  I can't count the ways He has blessed me this past year.  He has blessed me with the BEST friends, some of the most amazing memories, opportunities to work with awesome kids, opportunities to minister at Miriam's House.  I'm truly in awe when I look back.  I've witnessed His hand at work so many times. 

   There are some sad things that are happening.  One of my very best friends who has also become my sister is following her calling back to Brazil and I'm going to miss her so much.  Tonight the three roomates, Ariel, Rachel, and myself were holding hands and praying.  We were just thinking about all the ways that we have seen God at work and how far each of us has come.  All three of us prayed fervently last summer for roomates who loved Jesus and would get along with, He went way above and beyond in answering that prayer to giving us a sisterhood. Ecclesiastes 4:12 "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."  God knew what each of us needed when He put us together.  These girls are amazing.  They have encouraged me, defended me, prayed with me, wiped my tears, laughed with me, forgiven me, done crazy things with me, been an example, and showed me the love of Chrsit daily.  I'm so incredibly blessed.  I could brag on my roomies so much more and probably will in another post ;)

 
All of this being said, I want to thank everybody who has made this year awesome.  There have been so many people who have touched my life and my heart and impacted me in ways I'll never forget.  Even though seeing this year come to a close is sad, I am so excited to see what the future will bring.  I can't wait to see what God is going to do this summer and I'm SO excited to be on leadership next semester.  Life is an adventure and I can't wait to see what is coming next.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


















No comments:

Post a Comment