Sunday, October 9, 2011

Clarity

  Here we go again.  I'm staring at the clock and reading the time at 1:34 AM knowing that I have a 7:40 tomorrow morning.  Tonight was just one of those nights where I couldn't really sleep again.  Just a lot going on in my head and heart.

  For the past month or so, I haven't really been feeling like myself.  Can't really put my finger on it, but I just haven't felt 100% there.  I guess there are quite a few possible reasons, but I can't quite peg what it's been or if it's just a combination of a lot of different things.  Between classes, work, friendships, confusion, responsibilities, and stuff going on at home I've felt little lost.

  That being said, this fall break has been a glorious thing.  There is nothing like taking a step back from the crazyness of life and remembering what it's all really about.

  This morning, a couple of friends and I got up early to go to hiking at Peaks of Otter.  If you're a Liberty student or live near here, let me just say, it is a trip well worth making.  When we'd finished hiking to the top of the mountain, the view was absolutely breath taking.

Me at the top

  I'm kind of an "outdoorsy" kind of girl, so this was absolutely ideal.  Just looking out over the mountains, knowing that my God, my Father, my Savior, created what my eyes were beholding absolutely took my breath away.  The same God who created this majestic view that overwhelmed me so, also knows the number of hairs on my head, holds the tears I've cried and has a plan for me.  How awesome is that?  The same God who created the oceans, knows the number of the grains of sand, created the universe knows my name and has pursued me with a passionate love to win my heart.  I truly can't comprehend it, but I'm so incredibly thankful and overwhelmed by it.

  Sometimes I just need reminded of what I've already known.  Living in the reality of that love is what makes all of the difference.  Walking in the knowledge that I am loved completely and wholy, just as I am by my Almighty Creator and Father makes all of the difference.  When I'm walking in His love, it's not about me.  When I'm walking in His love, it's not about wheter I'm liked or disliked by others, or anything else partaining to me.  When I'm walking as a young woman made whole by the redeeming love of Jesus Christ, that changes everything.

  I begin to remember what really matters and why I'm here anyway.  The only things that are going to last from this world is my personal relationship with Christ and who I'm taking to Heaven with me.  All else is vapor.  Other than my personal love relationship with Him and who I'm sharing His love with, evertything else really is meaningless.  I don't want to live the kind of life where I look back and see time wasted on shallow friendships, selfish indulgence, or meaningless activity.  I want to look back and see a life that counted.  A life that radiates His love to all those I come in contact with.  A life that has no time for trifling.

James 4:14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

"What is the secret to great living? Entire separation to Christ and devotion to Him. Thus speaks every man and woman whose life has made more than a passing flicker in the spiritual realm. It is the life that has no time for trifling that counts.”~Amy Carmichael
  As I'm challenging myself, I challenge whoever might be reading this, examine your life.  When it comes down to it, what really matters?  What is going to last and what is going to burn?  Are your pursuits, pastimes and passions pushing you tward or away from Christ.?

  I'm pretty sure that I'm writing this to myself more than anybody reading it.  Its just so good to feel Him, His passion, His power again. To be reminded of the reason for my beating heart.  To feel clarity.  Now, Lord Jesus, Help me do it.



Hebrews 12:1-3 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment