Thursday, July 21, 2011

Be still

Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth!"

  A lot of the time, I feel like I'm the one who needs to hear what I write the most.  Writing is such a great way to express thoughts, feelings, and lessons that I've learned or am in the process of learning.

  Something that I'm learning to let go of is what my mom calls "hyper-responsibility."  Prettymuch,  a lot of the time I feel like I have to be perfect and when I'm not perfect or make a little mistake, I feel like I'll ruin my whole life.

  Sometimes, this leads to me running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to do every little thing, trying to make every possible right choice, providing for myself, trying to make everybody happy......in my own power.  It is all done with good intentions, but in trying to do so many things "perfectly",  I'm taking away from allowing God to take care of me in every sense.

   Many times, I forget that God really can provide all my needs (Phil. 4:19).  He is very capable to give me everything that I have need of whether that be spiritually, emotionally, friendships, or physical needs.  I don't need to worry about any of these things. 

  1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,  casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

  That is a command, to cast all of my anxieties and cares on Him.  Being self-reliant and overly responsible is in no way godly.  God tells us to come and find rest and peace in Him.  To sit at His feet as Mary did and listen to Him.  Enjoy His presence and savor every glorious minute spent dwelling in His presence.  Walking in the supernatural power and provision of the Holy Spirit.  Having confidence that God is watching me, taking care of me, that He loves me SO MUCH that nothing that I could do or not do could separate me from Him.

 Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

  God is patiently teaching me my least two favorite words "be still."  He is teaching me more and more that I can do nothing, I can be nothing on my own.  Its only through the enabling of the Holy Spirit that there is any good in me.

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

  My heart's cry is that He may become everything, and myself nothing.  That I may learn to dwell in perfect peace, having faith that my God, the Creator of the universe who loves me completely, perfectly, unconditionally wants me to find perfect rest in Him, to be still and let Him reign.  I want to have a faith and assurance in Him that shakes my world.  I just want all of Him....I need all  of Him...




.....Jesus Help.

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment